"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Thursday, April 2, 2009

First email from the Mish


Hey Mom!!!

I can't tell you how much of a culture shock this was... We arrived at 6:17ish and went through a ton of checkouts... Paris was great. I got to use a lot of french and their French was fairly easy to understand. They just speak very fast. But here in Africa... Man... The guard just went off and I was like... 0_0 I don't understand. Do you speak English? Lol.

It feels good here. It's not too hot, but just enough to make you sweat. Course I'm still in the shirt that I've been in all day... So It's kinda gross... They don't have any rules on the road. they drive all over the place. It's so cool! When we drove to the Mission President's home, looking out and seeing everything was just absolutely crazy... I'll have to take a ton of pictures... It can't be defined by words.

Well I'm safe and well. We're actually heading straight over to meet my companion... So I'll talk to you on Monday, which is my P-day.

I love you!!!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment