"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Zion Resident and an Italian in Togo

Didn't get the package. Health is fine. Couple comes the 24th (If I'm not mistaken) and we had two AMAZING BAPTISMS! Insights on scriptures. Explain later. Things are great with Kakou!

Wow. Mission calls coming in all directions, School almost done. Selling Cars! Sounds like a good week!

Well this week went by fast. Cloward, AÏsseba, and Fontaine all took off to Benin, Fontaine to Côte D'Ivoire. Kablan is now with N'Dri. Dea went to Hedranowoe. Kablan was my companion for ten days in Benin. Lol. It's good to see him. He's so weird. LOL! The life with Kakou really is good. We laugh, play and teach. There really isn't problems. I think with him I learned a lot about a long lasting relation.

I baptised AN ITALIAN! Okay... Half Italian, half togolese. We baptised her mom, a Togolese, and her daughter. We'll baptise her son this saturday. We just got a Baptismal font at our branch! And we used it on the Year anniversary of the Branch AND we let the President do the baptisms. It was great! And the lady we baptised, Mama Amega, is seriously so amazing. She calls me her son and she always gives us stuff... Lol! I seriously love her. I LOVE relations like those on the mission.

Two funny stories. First off, we contacted this new guy. We went into his house and his mom was in the middle of sewing. (A TON of people sew here. It's a livelihood.) So We just finished singing "Hark all ye nations" (I think it's that... It's Peuple du Monde in French...) So We just got done singing that and she starts singing it in Evé. That's when her son said "That's the Evé version." I said "I didn't know there was an Evé version..." Okay. I promise it's funnier in person...

Then We met a guy also. I asked him where he was from cause he spoke in English. He said He comes from Zion... I laughed and said No for reals. Where are you from? He said again Zion. So I asked him where he was born. He said Zion. The angels carried him down from heaven and placed him on the Earth. We didn't go back to his house...

With the scriptures, The president wants us all the read the BOM in six weeks. I've left my personal in depth studies for now, but I did like the first chaptier of Jacob. It helps us understand the reason and objective to preach the Gospel and to help our brothers. Read through that when you have the time. Good Chaptier!

Well I gotta go! I love you all very much! Even Blake and his fluffy email.

Also we played a soccer match in a thunderstorm today! that was a ton of fun! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment