"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Sunday, June 21, 2009

Next transfer: BENIN!!

That's perfect. Thank you. [Cameron is referring to my new email format per his last request to write out my questions to him first...I can be trained] I don't use the handkerchiefs. They make me sweat when I put them in my pocket. Shoes are starting to die and clothes are changing colors.

My birthday package was perfect. No tampering. A little beat but not bad. I would like some french music like the song from the end of Rataouillie. That song too would be sweet. I gave the rain poncho away. I love the rain too much when it rains. lol! Dang it. Accidently sent the message... Well it sounds like a lot of fun.... Ya I'll be able to eat anything, live in the worst conditions and I've already given away so much stuff cause I just don't need it. Sounds like I could help Dad right now with things like that around the house. HAPPY FATHER4S DAY also. I didn't realize it was the same day here too...

My news... I GOt TRANSFERRED TO BENIN!!! I'M SO excitED!!! I leave on Friday. Also I'm now fluent in French. Of course on a basic level, but I communicate and talk with everyone without really thinking about it. In about a year I should be perfect. But BENIN!!! Dang happy day. This last week has been just great. I've seen so many blessings. I was sitting in this beat apartment complex and say this old man sitting under a tree on his roof and just thinking and I said, I want to do that some day. Just think about life all calm like. But as I was reading in the Liahona with the General Conference addresses I thought, I don't need too. The Gospel is so simple to understand, I already know what life is for and where I'm going... Lol! There's no need to really think! The Gospel is such a bigger blessing then we realize. It hit me just crazy hard. I got this spiritual high and was like AH Iwanna SHOUT IT TO EVERYONE!

Lol! Well some other things, I bore my parting testimony at Church. Not gonna miss David, this super hyper child who gets my shirts crazy dirty all the time, but I've really come to love this area. It took a while but I think the first transfer is what makes you realize how much you really love being here, amid disease, some disgusting foods, and bugs. I'm not gonna miss the Mosk that's outside our apartment either. The guy starts wailing over a loudspeaker at 5 30 o, the morning... Ugh.

A couple of requests. Could you get me the emails for Andrew Earnhardt and Devin Dillard? I sent letters in the MTC and don't know if they got them. Should be on Facebook. not sure. Oh, how's my car? I totally forgot about it... Lol!!!

Well I think that(s all for the day. Taking lots of pics so no worries!

Que Dieu te bénisse et que la santé te suivre est mon espérance et ma désir, sachez que je vous aime beaucoup et vous me manquez. Vous etes mon soutien et tous dont je vis.
[Google translation: May God bless and keep you health is my hope and desire, know that I love you very much and I miss you. You are my support and all I saw.]

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment