"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Sunday, January 17, 2010

The mice are eating well...

Heat is killing me. I put on sun block, got burned still.... No rain... PRAYING! We'll have two baptisms this week. I have stories but I left my stupid planner at the house. My Apt doesn't have AC. MY new companion is great! His name is Elder Kakou. So I spelled it wrong the first time. He's fresh from the MTC and I'm his Trainer. We get along well. Health is great. I'm learning to cook a bunch of stuff with Elder Kakou. Sonds like you guys had a bunch of stuff going on. And another car? Dang... Lol! That sounds cool though. I would love to drive it.

Well I bought some masks today and got burned playing soccer. I got some statues too. Nothing too crazy. I had a lot of stories about a ton of funny and sweet stuff but I really can't remember. AND LUCK HAVE IT! I had it right next to me! Gonna open it up.

I saw two little kids ding dong ditch this poor old lady. It was actually quite hilarious. The kids just took off running.

AFRICAN EXPERIENCE! We found this guy we thought was an investigator. He's CRAZY far from our house, but someone showed us. Se we get to the beach and we see this shack. We're thinking interesting... Okay. And then we take this tiny little side trail winding through this plantation of palm trees and end up in this tiny hut on the beach. Wow... It was intense. His house is a little bigger then our pantry and made up of palm leaves. We took a picture together.

I got the package with my debit card from the Bailey's. The mice ate really well. The soup and bacon bites are gone. As for my card, I tried it and it said action forbidden. I don't know if it's activiated or what. So that's what it said. I'm going to try another place.

I bought a bible in évé so I'm: going to try and learn this language really really well and speak it. Also had a little ice cream party for my comp. It's been a decent week.

Well I love you all very VERY much and miss you all!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment