"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, February 1, 2010

Mmmm...mmmagggottts!

Health is good. [Elder] Cruz was sick. Don't know if it was malaria... Haven't tired Debit card again. Weather is hot. Compy is good. Fav Scrip. There's too many... All of Alma 29 is good. or 1 to 10. lol! I heard Tess was engaged. She told me. CRAZY! When did you get a Jetta?

An apostle at Jared's house! WOW! That is too cool! I'm happy for him! I can't check the blog. Don't have time. Rushed again... Tonight the power cut off eight times in the last hour...

So here's some fun stuff about what's been going on. So it's hotter then normal, don't know how in the world that's possible, but it is, and I now have SALT DEPOSITS coming through my pants after one day. Yeah. That's hot. lol!

We had a fun maggot experience. I was going to open the garbage can to throw something in and I tried grabbing it by the top, but my hand kept slipping so I thought heck I'll just reach around the side of the lid. I flipped it off real quick and ya... HUNDREDS of maggots all over the place. On the rims falling off the sides, on the lid, crawling all over.

SO I call out Kakou and told him to carry it out into the sun. Then the small portion of 200 that fell on the ground, I got a broom and swept them off onto the other sidewalk. I turn around and heard a scuttering behind me. I look and all of a sudden four lizards come out of no where and started eating all of the maggots! All of it. It was like pac-man lizard style! It was great! So We tipped the garbage can a bit and they hopped right in and took care of all of them! I love the lizards here now. And they love us. : )

So when I went to the bank to go get my money transfer, there was a Nigerian there and he had literally 5000 american dollars all in Franklins. It was ridiculous. I said, why do you have that here? He said Amreica money is better then Africa money. Case closed. Lol!

Another thing about my comp. He's 26... Ya not kidding. He's ANCIENT! I thought he was like... 20. But oh well. I really do like him a lot. He taught me some cool stuff and also how to make these cool bracelet things. I'll make em for the fam.

The Zone conference is tomorrow in our apartment with Elder Golden and I'll be translating again. It should be really good. I'm pretty stoked for this. We worked really hard this last week too. We should have some good baptisms coming up.

Also We didn't do anything for my year mark. The only thing that I'm gong to do is burn a tie, a shirt, a pair of socks and a pair of pants on my year and six months. Well I gotta go.

LOVE YOU ALL! Hope you're all doing well!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment