"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, September 13, 2010

Advice to his brother and the work is good!

Lol! I loved the Craigslist ads. Lol! That was amazing. So with the package first, really just don't send me one. You can just get me some little things for when I get home, new garments... Uh... that's all I really need... Or an Iphone... I really want an Iphone... Lol! But really I don't think it's a good idea to send another package to Africa, especially when it takes two months to get here and I don't know where I'll be and president doesn't really deliver packages if you send them to him. He doesn't have enough room in his luggage to carry all the missionaries boxes. Lol! So just don't send it and save you money. That would be best.

That sucks with the Dedge's. It must be a catholic tradition. They do it even more here. "Oh sorry, we're catholic." Give them this scripture, 1 john 4:6. It's a great scripture I love using on people that say that. Lol! I think that Blake will see a lot of success over there too. I really understood why God sent me to this mission. I think if I got rejected anymore than we are at times, I'd go crazy. Lol! I don't know how Dad survived for a year and six months. I really want to watch the US open... Africans don't give a hoot about tennis so I can't really keep up with what's going on...
So I forgot my planner at home and I don't really have any stories or anything for you guys... But I made this gigantic list of things that Blake doesn't need and the things he could use less of. Really it ticks me off a little that I brought so much stuff that I just gave away or never used. Especially the fact that I paid 150 dollars to get my third suitcase to Côte D'Ivoire and ended up giving everything in the suitcase to people. Really he needs to pack light. I'll keep making the list over the next week.
We had one baptism yesterday. We have four this saturday and another four next saturday with another possible two that could fall into the date for the 25th. We worked SO flipping hard last month. like I said all we did was work for the month of August cause I was left with NO investigators. We've already got another possible five for October planned. Really what's great is that I've already reached my goal for myself so I don't even care about numbers. Really what is amazing is that I'm seeing the lives of my brothers and sisters changing. Every time we have a baptism I'm just so full of happiness and joy for the person. It's just an amazing feeling. I can't really expalin it..
Sorry for no pictures this week. These computers have viruses on them and I don't want to get my card infected and erase my photos. I'll send the pictures to you guys next week. I love you all and miss you so very much!
elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment