"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Transfer - back to Ivory Coast

I just got transfered. They called me yesterday and I leave tomorrow at 8am. I'll be going to Benin with the Couple Herr to get the necessary papers I need to go To Côte D'Ivoire. I'll be spending thursday to monday or tuesday in Benin. I'll visit some of my recent converts and buy some sweet ties for the boys. Then I'll fly out to Abidjan monday or tuesday. then I'll be LEAVING Abidjan by a bus I believe to go to Yamassoukro. I'm the new Zone Leader for the zone of Yamassoukro. I just wanted to let you know all that before I took off. The bus is completely safe. I'll be taking Elder Bowman's place. Elder Adams and Elder Bowman have finished their missions. I'll try and send pictures next week. My stupid card got a virus on it so I'm going to have to copy all the photos on to a blank card and then erase everything on the new card and clean it up. I love you very much! Hope you get this soon!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment