"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, January 10, 2011



Austin has mono... Please let it be gone before I get home... I
mean... Get well bro! : ) The Gubler's and The Herr's are staying in
Togo. The Southams come tomorrow I believe and I don't know about the
medicine... Well find out. President hasn't come over yet. He's really
trying to. I don't know if he'll be able to. I did get the boubou for
him but it's gotta be washed... I haven't washed it since I made it...
Three months ago... Lol! Anyways. And for the Fiero. I REALLY want to
sell that car... Not gonna lie... I love the amount of experience I
got out of it and the things I learned, like how just when everything
starts going right, there's always something that goes wrong, and now
I start to see things in terms of planning and future instead of being
nearsighted. I see what Dad meant that that car would just be a money
pit... He was right... Like usual... Lol!

Anyways. This week was good. We had some good solid lessons with
people that are preparing to be baptized. We're really struggling for
four. I really want to see the four people's baptisms before going.
Also today is the Voodoo day. They were everywhere this morning. Well,
there were a lot anyways. We went to a place called Hodazar. It's
basically a tourist trap but it's fun to go there and look at all the
cool stuff and pick up a couple little trinkets. That's where the mask
on my face is from. And NO I did not buy that. Lol!

I hope you guys like the Big White jacket I found. THat was something
really random. Lol! The guy doesn't even know that that jacket is for
cold weather... But he's wearing it in Africa... Lol! Strange how the
most random things end up in Africa.

Well I'll see you guys soon. Still hasn't hit me... Love ya and miss ya!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment