"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Friday, January 21, 2011

Two weeks left




Can you make the release for the 29th and in the morning please??? I
would really like that instead of not being able to do anything all
day long the saturday... I had the phone in my hand, I wasn't shaving.
Lol. I should see a couple more baptisms before I leave. It's in ten
days... Next week and really it still hasn't hit me. I don't believe
that it's so soon... I have a little cold but nothing big. Shoes are
fine. I have no idea what I want for dinner honestly... Had my last
interview and got my papers. Took a picture for you guys. I wouldn't
mind a gym membership... I wanna get back in shape really quick... And
I'll only have three pairs of garments... I need a normal pair of
shoes for home too. I think that's it for requests. Ya I talked to the
guy about the jacket. He was kinda bummed that I wanted a picture of
his jacket and not of him. Lol! So I took a picture of him too.

well for this last week, yesterday the connection got cut again
when I was writing to you guys. I HATE the connection here and SO
happy it's only one more day in these cybers. I've had it with them.

I had my last conference last week and my last interview and my
last sunday is coming up with my last p-day and my last day we get the
allowance thing. "soutien" in french... Just a lot of lasts. But I
don't understand why it hasn't really hit me yet... I think it'll hit
me when I actually see you guys again.. .That'll be the weirdest thing
ever...

Well that really was about it. We have a baptism this week and I'm
going to go see some people I baptized when I was here the last time
and say bye to everyone. I think I'm going to withdraw another hundred
bucks just for the flight home in case anything goes wrong. I'll do
that pretty soon. Okay. I'll see you guys next week! Love you and miss
you!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment