"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, May 11, 2009

New comp...Elder N'Dri, Mother's Day call

Sounds like a lot of interesting stuff going on!!! Ya i heard about the swine flu thing a lot actually. Mexico basically quarantined right??? I don't have a lot of time to write this time and i think i answered most of your qiestions over the phone.

yes we have a fridge. We cook with a propane stove... Nothing fancy. TIA. hahaha. THe bishop is a great guy. I don't know about the other stuff on that line with the primary presidency and stuff... I never tracted ONCE with my other companion. But this is going to be a completely different experience with Elder N'Dri. I'm VERY excited. I know we'll have a TON of baptisms together. SO EXCITED!!! My blisters are gone. I treat them very well so no worries. I have band aids and antibiotic stuff... NEOSPORIN! Thqt's the name. I spent a minute trying to remember that stupid name...

Thanks for the birthday song!!! I loved that! I wish the boys would've talked to me a little more. Austin wins the prize cause he talked to me the most. Blake epic fails. I could barely hear him when he talked. [Mothers Day weekend and we were able to talk with Elder Halvorsen for a couple of hours on the phone...he was getting over malaria, so it was especially good to hear his voice]

I thought you had more questions... Still got ten more minutes on the compy. So how is that flu thing? I heard their working on a cure but they haven't made one yet... It's all Mexico, France, Spain, Hong Kong and America so far is what I've heard. Thats just crazy...

Well I LOVE my new companion. My French is going to SHOOT through the roof this transfer. SO excited. One or two months and i guarantee I will be able to understand almost EVERYTHING the people here say and be able to say anything without even thinking about it. SO EXCITED!!! Testimony meetings are just like over there... Just in French. I think there is a conference coming up.

I don't know how many inactives... Elder Cloward and Elder Bassa moved out this morning. I'm not looking too forward to that cause i wont be able to speak english ever, but i'm fine with that too. I'll just learn even faster.

Well my time is up. I love you all and miss ya! Only three phone calls left and after the last one just 40 days till i come home. That's so weird to think about.

I love this mission!!!

Love you all!!!
Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment