"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Sunday, May 17, 2009

More heat, new investigators, and cleaning..

Yes I really enjoyed being able to talk to you guys for so long. My health is great. No I haven't doused any of my clothes in permethrin. We just use it on our sheets and around the apartment and on our nets. Which I have begun to use. : P Lol! There's not a ton of bugs that crawl on us so there really isn't a need to spray our clothes. If there is an area with a high concentration of bugs and mosquitos, I most definitely will do that.

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun over there. Ya I for sure have seen more sun here then i have ever seen in Washington. I actually miss the gray days.Yesterday was incredibly hot. I walked outside after church and it felt like my skin was just melting off... It was terrible... I had to put my hands behind my back cause the sun actually was so hot it felt like they were over a stove...

Elder N'Dri has helped me out a lot, but I think he's getting irritated with all the questions i ask. I can imagine it would be hard to talk, try and teach with, and help someone understand things all the time. We doubled our area book in two weeks. I think I already told you about that. We are going to be teaching 3 or 4 new investigators this upcoming week. I am pretty excited for that.

That's pretty cool about RJ. I told him it was so difficult to finish all those papers by his birthday... LOL! That's pretty sweet about Tyler and Jeff. And I don't really have any ides for projects... If I do think of any I'll let you know. You could spend a couple of years cleaning up the Lagoon outside of Abidjan... lol! That would probably take a lifetime actually...

Sounds like Chan has got to get rid of that racket... I couldn't believe he glued that like that. Just tell him he can use mine and he can buy me a new one when I get back. That bike trip sounds fun... I really want a Bandit 1200 and ride with you guys... I really wish I had a dirt bike here. The roads alone are like trails... Lol. And almost all the roads off of the main ones are dirt with huge whoops.

Cleaning the church sounds better then cleaning our nasty apartment... I would OFFER to clean the Church building. That's cake compared to some of the crud we've cleaned and done here...

BLAKE CLEARED WHAT [in high jump]???? That's flippin high.. That's almost me... He could probably hurdle over almost every African here... I don't know the price of Air conditioners. We just have fans... When we get transfered around Abidjan, yes it is by taxi. If I go to Yamusukro i think it's a bus... And if it's Togo or Benin it's by plane.

Thank everyone that are praying for me. Man Austin is really getting into computers now. I dont even know what a jumper or diskdrive are... And the Corvette sounds like it's close!!! That's pretty awesome. I'm pretty jealous... I've gotta get. Nothing crazy exciting this week. Just the intense heat and probably a couple things I forgot that I wrote in my journal.

I love you all!!!
Au revoir et l'amour

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment