"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, March 15, 2010

Mouse droppings anyone?

That Butt paste thing was funny. I could only imagine the guys face. Lol! For the money transfer, I found a new way to hide my money that is invincible. I'll try the money thing with the ATM but the transfers will be in two or three weeks. I needed to buy rechargable batteries cause they died three weeks ago and my razor died too just two days ago, so I just bought them today with my mission money, but I gotta put my own money back in that now, and also I need to buy a pair of shoes. I have the Fusion razors too so I'm good. Mine are done. I have one pair only, the hush puppies, and they're toast.

Well just a couple things quicky, we're going to go eat cat. I need the email for the Black's. I would like to ask him a couple of questions. The blog thing doesn't work that well ;I haven't tried mine, but for the family that doesn't work very well. I need six pairs of socks also. All mine are fried. I can't believe that Jon will be home in just five weeks. that's just too weird...

I'm going to give the Jesus the Christ to a member here. I already read it. I'm trying to get rid of as much weight as possible. I'm also going to give the French Book of Mormon to an investigator. I read the entire Missionary reference library. There's some really good stuff in there. It's True to the Faith, Our Search for Happiness, Jesus theChrist and also Our Heritage.

Here's just a little story.

So We've had a little mouse problem lately. BIG mice too. I went into the kitchen at 3 in the morning and found a good size one trying to squeeze under the door. So anyway, It was our turn to cook. I cut up the stuff really quick and made a sauce, then Kakou cooked the noodles. So They served themselves. I went to go serve myself. I looked into the pot and I saw this little speck on one noodle and I was like weird... So I put the little round thing in my hand and squished it. Mouse Terd. So I told Kakou, I'm not eating. He said why? And I showed him the mouse poop in the noodles. He said. Gross! .... Oh well, and he ate MORE. It was disgusting. Well sorry I gotta get going.

We might get on the internet again a little later. I had a ton of problems with the computers here... Seems a typical thing here... Oh well. Nothing too crazy this week. Love you all!

Glad you got home safely!

Love,
Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment