"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, June 7, 2010

New Mission Couple -- The Herrs

I loved the last commentaire on Dad's face. Lol! That was priceless. The Herr's are WONDERFUL! They fed us today and we just had a great time at their house. Also we played soccer again. I still suck but it's a "getting better" sucking. Didn't have to pay for the package. They [the Herrs] served a mission in Russia and Kenya so I think they're used to Togo. Lol! I don't know when I'll be transferred next but I hope it's soon... I've been in the same place for 6 months... I need a change or I'll go crazy... I'm starting to feel like a robot... They don't speak French, the Herrs.

Go Kameron! Going out to Brazil! At least he'll be like me and not speaking spanish. Lol! That's great about Austin! Flippin smart kid. And Chan with the Tennis! I miss tennis...

Well my week wasn't that exciting... It rained a lot and we played soccer today. We have a couple great investigators that will be baptized soon and the Zone conference this Friday. It's thursday that I'll know if I'm transferred or not. That's really about it... Nothing too crazy...

The president told us to read the Book of Mormon in six weeks and I'm nearing the end this week. I've learned a lot of new things. I've been doing a lot of studies with the Bible and the BOM concerning Wisdom. It's a trait that I really want to have in all aspects of my life and as it says in Proverbs, Wisdom starts by following and fearing God. So I've been doing studies on this subject for a couple weeks now.

I love you all and hope that you all are doing well! For my health, I've just had a lot of Diaherra this week... Hasn't been pleasant... But it's kinda normal sadly... I swear I have that like once or twice a month...

I can't believe it's been that long either!

Love you!Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment