"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pictures!!






I already bought new sheets so the bed bugs shouldn't be a problem anymore. Sounds like the trip was a success. I can't believe that Grandpa is really 90 years old. There isn't a missionary couple here at Yamoussoukro. There's just Elder Dago and Elder Halvorsen. We take care of everything here at Yakro...

Well this screen just popped up with a virus warning of a ton of viruses so I don't think I'll be able to load anymore pictures until the end of my mission... I don't know if it's my card or the computer. It loaded one and then it was finished. They don't take care of their computers so there are tons of viruses on them. Ya it's not even loading anymore. Hey! It's loading! Ok. So again I forgot my planner at the apartment so I'm just going to try to list stuff off the top of my head.

So we went to the Foundation, and the Cathedral like I said Monday night. I'm sending you guys some pictures. We had our mission conference last week with president. It was good and interesting. We also had two missionnary fire sides and they were successful and the leaders here of the District of Yakro got lectured hardcore by president... Lol! It was very needed.

I hate when I forget my planner... It's my guide for monday... Well the computer loads and then stops, then loads and then stops so I don't know what's up.

well since I forgot my planner I don't really have much to say... So I'll just try to send all my photos and then I'll write what happened this week next week...

There's no birthday's that I missed are there? Lol!

Love you and miss you!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment