"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, October 25, 2010

Don't like these kinds of letters!!

  • I'm in Abidjan. The Assistants came and picked me up... For a special reason which I will tell you about later. My luggage is American Tourist and it's lasted really well actually. All three of them. They are good bags. There's a couple little things that broke. but nothing big. They work just fine. The black bear sounds cool. Sounds like he's been there a ton of times... And with the hotel President and the Lycee Scientifque. We were between the two.
So this last week wasn't at all great... I got......................... TYPHOID FEVER!!!! How cool is that? [His father and I don't think it's very cool!] I've had Malaria AND Typhoid! I spent a good three days in the hospital with a temperature of 40 degrees celsius. My body was sore all over and I started throwing up wednesday night. It was just wonderful. The whole zone came to visit me. I'm feeling fine of course now. I'm taking it a little slow so don't worry about my health.
Since I spent most of the week in my bed, I don't really have any experiences... Other then now I'm in the sector called Riviera. It's a very safe location in Abidjan. I'm in the apartment with Elder Cruz and Elder Lamboni. We will have 12 missionnaries total in the apartment tonight. I'm the Zone leader for the apartment with Elder Bertoch. The two congolese Elder's that were in my zone at Yakro will be coming so that's good.
And we wonder why he's not sick more often!!??!!??


That's about it. I have one question. Do you guys know Alpha Blondy? Apparently his house is just next to our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment