"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, October 18, 2010

Yakro smells like Missouri??

I don't know why it sent three times... I sent it ONCE with TEN pictures. I never sent it again... That's really strange... But whatever.

I'm really not thin. I suck it in so I'm starting to do some exercises now. That picture is the top part of the dome only. Not the whole thing. I took a picture on bottom too but didn't send it. Last computer was terrible. There is only EVER one white missionnary in Yakro and only as zone leader. So it's really a great privilège to be here and experience life here.

For Dad, There is a Hotel that they call the Hotel Député that is behind our house. There is a place called Cent logements that is right next to us. They look like organised apartments. Then there's a big saucer thing. We're between that and the cent logements. We're on the Carrefour AdÏ. I don't know if that'll show up...

The Ivoiriens LOVE americans. Their style, music, and many other things come from there. I'm not even kidding, Michael Jackson is more famous here than in America. And Celine Dione. (I know she's canadian but still.)

The elections are just elections. We've seen some of the candidates pass in cars but nothing too crazy. The work is going good. Looks like we have three baptisms this week.

The [mission] couple NEVER come up here and I'll tell you why AFTER the mission. : ) I see The Président just like in Togo and Benin maybe every six weeks. Health is fine. I eat too much. We shop at the Grand Marché near a place called Habitat that is just in front of the Présidence. Compy is great. Getting along.

The idea of flying down works. I LOVE flying. To fly from Benin to CI was too short... Lol! I don't know why I like it so much... I've gotta give Blake some stuff so that works out for me. Also I like the idea of going down there and giving out some resumés. That really seems like a good advantage for me.

Alright for this week I brought my plannner! So here goes.

This is a random thing. It smells like Missouri here. But... It's WAY hotter. Lol! And speaking of heat. There was this one day... DANG! I was sitting in front of the fan... I went and took a shower then went outside... IN THE SHADE I WAS BURNING/ It was like I was in the sun but I was still in the shade... It was ridiculous... WHAT? the keyboard just changed to qwerty and I m really lost... alright, so real quick now. there are a lot of fireflies here! they^re really pretty, they light up everything at night.

A quick thing for Blake. Don^t send him with the skinny dress socks. they^re worthless on a walking mission. I burned holes in the pairs you sent me in two weeks, Gold toes are going strong.

well that is about it for this week. sorry wasn^t much. Love you all BEAUCOUP!

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment