"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in Abidjan

Well.. .First off I'm no longer at Yamoussoukro... I was transferred last night at 10, I woke up this morning, got on the bus at 9:30, got off at 3... And now I'm writing you guys from my new sector in Abidjan, Cocody at 5... Lol! It's been a really long day... So there is a lot of stuff in your guy's letter. Cassava just looks like bread crumbs... MAybe it's not the same cassava... Sounds like an interesting place. Never had anything like Hallo-hao*llo? Sounds good though. Ya Cloward is AP. Write to sister Gubler. Apparently Cloward has typhoid and will be going to the hospital. Jessica just got back from Italy and now she's going back there. Lol! That's really cool though! Health is great. I'm already in Abidjan and in the safest sector and here to stay. I haven't really studied the temple too much on my mission, but i really miss it... Haven't been for almost two years... There's a lot of things I need to learn. Sorry I don't really have much time tonight. So I gotta write really quick. Ya they did the manual training thing too. They've already done a training, but they'll do it again I'm sure.

So just a couple of quick things. Blake. At the MTC Laminate the front and back covers of your preach my gospel in your mission language! DO IT! Or you'll lose them. I used tape to keep mine on.

We got a SURPRISE zone conference last week. That KILLED us. The assistants called, Hey! Conference tomorrow! Lol! Nothing was ready. We struggled to throw things together at the last minute and it all worked out. President Ayekoue is up to date on the idea of me coming home early. You could write him directly too. That'dprobably be easier actually.

That was the week and............................ HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! You thought I forgot! : ) You know what's sad... I don't know how old you and Dad are... SO I jsut tell people, oh. 40-50? Somewhere in there. Lol!

Sorry about the shortness!

Love you all and I hope Blake's ready for NEXT WEEK! Dang that's insane..

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment