"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, December 13, 2010

Back in Benin...again!! :)




Yep. I'm in Benin again. Lol! And it's the best ever! I don't know why
>> I always wanted to leave Benin... the work is hard but the life is
>> just good. I love it here. I love just my whole mission... It's gonna
>> be really hard for me to leave... Can I just stay here? Lol! Not as a
>> missionary though... I need a break soon... : ) So I'm in an apartment
>> with Elder Carver, My comp, Elder Cannon and ELDER FORMAN! It's been
>> just amazing. I love it SO much. It's seriously the best thing that
>> could ever happen to me right at the end of my mission. Lol! I hope
>> that the pictures get through also. I sent one picture of two crêches
>> that I got for mom. I hope you like them. And a CHRISTMAS picture! I
>> really hope it downloads.
>>
>> Well anyways we got shipped out of the Côte D'Ivoire I think Friday...
>> That was fun to take a plane with Cannon, Cloward, Carver and
>> Fisiihoi. Fisiihoi loves Benin! It's the first time Cannon and
>> Fisiihoi have been out of Côte D'Ivoire and Fisiihoi finishes with me!
>> Lol! Sucks. I really am glad I took advantage of the experiences that
>> have really changed my life in these countries and that I was able to
>> give something in return.
>>
>> Well it's weird to say that I have a brother on a mission now too...
>> it's just so shocking and weird to say... But I love that Blake is out
>> there.
>>
>> I can't believe that christmas is in a few weeks either... And if I
>> take out another hundred bucks, it's for getting myself a christmas
>> present and a couple more souvenirs for people back home. I think
>> there is only two people left on my list of stuff to get...
>>
>> Know that I'm doing great and everything is fine just like I said
>> things would be. I'm loving my mission like I have since the
>> beginning, I'm staying strong and I'm proud of my little bro. : ) Hope
>> the pictures got through and there weren't any problems! If not I'll
>> send them again. I love you all! See ya soon! AAAAHHHHHHH!!! Lol!
>>
>> Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment