"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, December 6, 2010

Regroupment...again!





Everything is going well for us. We're all going a little crazy, being crammed in an apartment with 15 other Elders for a week and almost a half now, but everything is fine. We haven't seen anything crazy We listen to the radio and we're always on top of what happens. The couple watches out for us all the time and everything is going fine. We've planned really well for our apartment and I don't think anything bad will happen.
That's cool you got to do all that stuff in Utah with the old missionnaries. I can't believe everyone in the ward is taking off in different directions. I know it's kinda difficult for me to say this since I don't have children, but really try not to worry too much about Blake. Where he is giong, he will be protected not only 24/7 by the church, but also by the Lord. I've never once in my mission felt unsafe. I feel that I have really gained confidence in myself on my mission but more importantly I've gained an unbreakable bond of confidence in my Savior and my God. Really there is nothing to fear and all is made clear to those that might find themselves in dangerous situations.

I'm doing fine and we've just been eating, playing games, sleeping, and talking. It's fine really. I can't keep doing this for the rest of my life but I know that this will pass. President always has a plan for us and watches over us very closely. I wouldn't go to the trouble of writing Salt Lake. I have faith in President Ayekoue and I know that it's him that receives the revelation needed in this mission. There's really nothing to worry about.
So just really quickly, I'm so happy that Blake is taking off soon. It's an experience unlike any other. Congratulations and make it the best you can. I wrote you a bit already so I won't say any more. We've been eating a lot of rice with tomato sauce. And playing games. And talking and sleeping. We're all really close now.

Here's a [couple of] pictures. One with the 15 and one with Elder Cannon and I. You can use the one with the 15 for the Christmas card. Because of the situation, we couldn't really do anything about a Christmas theme... Sorry...

Love you all and I'm doing well! Thank you for your prayers and all the support you give me.

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment