"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Branch is growing!

I don't have much time to write, so this'll be quick. sorry... I'm glad that you enjoyed the stories. My experiences here sure are life changing.

THE YELLOW SUBURBAN!!! LOL! That thing has been there every time I pass there. Debit card and package, non. Tooth stuff is good. I won't see Sr Ayekoue for a while... Sounds like everyone is busy.

This week we had a going away party for the Black's. This thursday I get a new comp and there are transfers for a lot of people.

Have a couple funny contacting stories. Some old guy answered and said, I'm busy, and slammed the door. Another started talking how we just need love, not Gospel. Some interesting people...

My [camera] memory card should be home in two weeks. I'd keep in contact with the Black's to make sure they send it. I saved all the photos on another card just in case. We had 60 people at our branch this week. We're going to have to look for a new building because we've almost outgrown the building we have now. I've been cooking a lot and when Elder Lah leaves, i'll be cooking more. I took pictures of some of the things i've made. I'm almost out of time. This is the wost internet place I've been too... Sorry...

I love you all very much!

Love Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment