"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Monday, August 17, 2009

Soccor and teaching

Sounds like a lot of stuff has happened... I think I answered most of the questions on mom's email... I've got like three packages cooming!!! Score!!! ... The most lessons we taught in one day was 22 cause I went with someone from the branch and so did Elder LAh. That was crazy. Ya I remember bro. Johnson. That's sad... He was a good guy... And Lindsey is married... That's just weird... Ya My health is great. No worries there. I keep the mosquitos away.

It's actually annoying how EVERY African is good at soccer cause I suck. I'm usually just the goalie cause the goal is 4 feet wide... Right now we baptised our good investigators, so we're going to start looking for some more, which isn't hard, but teaching is interesting cause the people's point of view on subjects is so different... Some people don't believe Jesus existed... Some believe God practices Voo doo... There's a lot of things that are difficult to explain... The teachings are hard too... Cause the word Mormon and Mammon sound really close to the same thing in French. But I'm getting pretty well acquainted with the bible. We usually teach in the peoples houses, but there's also a lot of times we teach next to a road, which can be difficult...

The Branch has had a lot of drama lately which is hard to deal with... It's not really my favorite thing in the world. The Branch is so new, it's basicially us who are in charge. It's not very easy... Everyone refers to us for instruction on things. I'm only twenty!!! Lol.

So a couple of questions. Can you send me a recipe for mac and cheese? I left my planner at the aparment so I don't know what stories I had... I'll just fill you in next week. President is coming this week. That means it's gonna be hard teaching everyone. Oh, and when i get my debit card, I'll be sending a package home for you guys for Christmas. : ) Also we've given a lot of blessings lately. There were a couple of people who were sick in the hospital and one girl that got hit by a motorcycle pretty bad... The motos here are horrible drivers and don't obey any rules... Well I'm doing good and learning alot about every possible aspect of the Gospel and life... I love you all a ton!!!

Love

Elder Halvorsen

No comments:

Post a Comment