"C'EST AFRIQUE!"

(French for: "This is Africa") A common term used by the missionaries when they want to express "thats just the way it is because "THIS IS AFRICA"! ie..."the power went out..AGAIN... C'est Afrique...or sometimes denoted as TIA...This Is Africa!!)) Elder Halvorsen has been serving a full time mission since January of 2009 in the Ivory Coast, Abidjan West Africa Mission. This mission encompasses the countries of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast. He loves it there and is enjoying his experiences serving the Lord and the people of West Africa!!



Sunday, August 2, 2009

A day at the beach and crazies

The food and money is good. Ya I get enough to eat. Rice and spaghetti is just like that. Ya it's about 75 at night. And I'm cold at 75... lol. The baptisms went well. We had 2 and the other comanionsqhip had 2. I can't go back and fix my typing errors because it will erase the whole message by the way... I don't get any contacts by email. I don't remember saying that.... Maybe I did. Dang... 103. That's really hot for Washington. That's a normal day here. Dang I sweat so much...

Well ya I learn a lot. Just life and languages and gospel and relationships... Lots..

This computer is ridiculousy slow... Oh. About the emailing if I didn't emailo. I TRIED!!! Lol! I tried logging on for 2 hours. Didn't work once. Then I actually wrote a letter but myldsmail kicked me out and erased it cause yahoo wasn't working. But it costs money so i can't do it every day. sorry.

So here's some interesting things that have been happening this week. There was this naked man in the road that was just staring at us forever with this big smile on his face... It reminded me of Mary's famous saying. Leave the crazies alone... They're happy... Lol! There was also this guy that was pulling this cart, it's like a thing they do for money put stuff in a cart a ship it. Anyways, he was just walking and talkingto himself, I'm strong. I'm stronger then the sun. *It's actually cold. They don't know me. They don't anything... then he yelled at two girls just sitting on the side of the road... He was wack...

I'm really starting to love french as a language. I bought a french dictionary and that's how I look up words now cause I can read the definitions in French. Progressing by leaps and bounds. In F)ngbe too.

We went to the Beach on Monday!!! It was SO SICK!!! I have the COOLEST photos of all time. There was this little fishing village right down the coast, so Elder Jerman and Guillory and I went down and checked it out. We literally have photos that look just like the movie Madagascar. It's sick. I love it here. Just not the internet. TIA. I got a crazy bad burn though. That burn gel stuff you sent really helped. It's almost gone. It hurt real bad the day after... Oh man... I forgot my sunscreen that day... We took this van taxi back and the door didn't close all the way so I had to hold it... I've lost literally ALL my muscle.... There were 30 people in the van too... I hate those things...

A DAY AT THE BEACH IN BENIN




I SAW A VOODOO MAN!!! He was all dressed in furs and colored garments. The people here are dead scared of them. they go around with this little whip looking stick and hit people. It was interesting cause we had to pass close to him and we were walking by, and he was talking in this satanic voice and looked over at us when we were passing. All of a sudden i just got this surging sensation and was filled with the spirit, like a shield, and he just grunted at us and turned around and went the other way. I never thought the powers of Satan were this strong.. It is really bizarre, but the Power of God will always turn away Demons. It was so incredible.

Well my family, I love you all very much and can't wait to read your email next week!

Elder Halvorsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment